Monday, December 17, 2007

Ha Ha Ha Cough

Funny story: I'm still sick. I finished my course of antibiotics on Thursday, and while I'm definitely not as sick as I was before, I'm still getting bouts of violent, pull-a-muscle intense coughing.

I'm going to give it a couple more days with over-the-counter cold medicine and as much sleep as I can muster, and then I'm probably going to see a doctor again. Hopefully, a different one.

So, no writing to speak of. I'm definitely well enough to think again, and that's a welcome improvement. But pulling together the energy to write -- and just as importantly, the time, what with the kids and trying to rest -- that's been a challenge.

I feel like a European in 1914: I'm still hoping it'll all be over by Christmas. But I'm also entertaining the possibility that my wish could be an equally naive one.

No comments: